If all the recent rumors surrounding Sony’s pro-consumer camera division are indeed true, we are about to get hit from another blast of what could be potential “game changers”. According to the good folks over at SonyAlphaRumors, the A77 and A65 HDSLRs are on the way and pack quite a punch. SAR states that both models will share a new 24.3 million pixel sensor, new Bionz processor, and a 3 million dot OLED viewfinder but differ in these regards:
1) A77 has 19 point AF system with 11 cross sensors while the A65 has only 3 cross sensors.
2) A77 can do 12 fps while the A65 can do 10fps.
3) A77 has new 3 way tilting LCD, A65 has “classic” tilting LCD
4) A77 can do 50 ISO while A65 can not.
5) The A77 has a magnesium body while the A65 has not.
6) The A77 has 1/8000 shutter while A65 has a 1/4000 shutter
7) The A77 has a top LCD screen while the A65 has it not.
8 ) The A77 is Dust and Moisture proof while the A65 is not
Time will tell if these rumors will ultimately be fact or fiction, but it’s clear Sony isn’t backing down from the industry grip Nikon and Canon currently hold.