It’s not so much an update as it is a full-fledged upgrade. The Panasonic Lumix LX5 received the royal treatment today and acquired a myriad of new features, taking this already capable camera into the next stratosphere. Here’s what LX5 owners can expect from firmware version II:
- Auto Focus speed-up.
- [HIGH ISO NR] has been added to the [REC] menu.
- Improved auto white balance performance.
- [ACTIVE MODE] has been added to the [MOTION PICTURE] menu.
- The AF/AE Lock operated by half-pressing the shutter button has been improved.
- When [MF] is set, you can make fine adjustments to the focus using a simpler operation than before.
- The position and size of the AF area you have set are now stored.
- The upper limit of the shutter speed in Manual Exposure Mode has been raised. (Max 250 seconds approximately
- [MINIATURE EFFECT] has been added to My Color Mode.
- [MONITOR] / [VIEWFINDER] has been added to the [SETUP] menu.
The firmware upgrade along side a four page “About the Update” PDF can be downloaded HERE.