Quick News – Apple has just rolled out the latest round of updates for Final Cut Pro X, Motion and Compressor, updating each to versions 10.0.4, 5.0.3, and 4.0.3 respectively. The minor tweaks are aimed at improving overall stability, performance, and compatibility between the post production tools, all of which are listed below:
Final Cut Pro X Version 10.0.4 (Direct Link)
- Improves image quality and responsiveness of broadcast monitoring with compatible third-party PCIe and Thunderbolt I/O devices.
- Improves performance of multicam syncing and editing.
- Adds language support for Simplified Chinese.
- Adds a Share option for 1080p video on compatible iOS devices.
- Assigns default audio channel setting for new projects to stereo.
- Includes multicam metadata in XML project export.
- Fixes an issue in which video superimposed over a background with an alpha channel could appear differently in Viewer before and after render.
- Fixes an issue that caused some titles to be rendered again after each application launch.
Motion Version 5.0.3 (Direct Link)
- Improves loading time for projects.
- Improves performance of text editing in the Canvas.
- Fixes issues with Fill Opaque enabled in images converted to Drop Zones.
- Resolves a stability issue that occurred when deleting all characters with the Transform Glyph tool.
- Corrects the pixel aspect ratio display of Anamorphic clips.
- Improves speed of Save Current Frame.
- Resolves a stability issue when adjusting motion blur controls in the Project Properties Inspector.
- Resolves a stability issue when modifying media files while Motion is running in the background.
Compressor Version 4.0.3 (Direct Link)
- Ability to run Compressor on a Mac without a monitor.
- Fixes an issue with exporting when logged in as an Open Directory user.
- Improves performance when encoding MP4 and AVI files.
- Adds an export setting for 1080p video on compatible iOS devices.